Friday, January 24, 2014

C'est la vie

Life has been busy, busy as of late. Between coaching and my stupid job, I feel like I've been on the go non-stop... which isn't entirely a bad thing. I will say that it is nice to have a schedule and some structure... feels good to be productive. Trav and his company have been so busy, which is excellent! However, I always thought that winter was supposed to slow down and that I would see him more often, but nope! Oh well, these are the years that we are supposed to work our butts off, right?
This is my cute little team!! They are all in grade 9 and they are just dolls. I have so much fun goofing around with them and sharing with them the things I have learned through out my career. I have really enjoyed it because I have been able to really relate to them being a player myself. So far, I've had such an awesome experience! Not to mention, they are dang good!! Just a bunch of champs. 
This is Lars. I met him a few weeks back and I haven't stopped thinking about him.
Does he or does he not look like Stitch from Lilo and Stitch? I LOVE him. 
I love her more though. She's my fancy girl!
I HAD to throw this in there. This is so sad and so bizarre, but so hilarious. So, my brother-in-law, Tyler, got this little thing called BELL'S PALSY. It's basically just a facial paralysis which is a result of a dysfunctional cranial nerve. There really isn't any real explanation for it... and it's rare for someone of his age to have it as well. It is just crazy because half of his face is completely paralyzed. I have seen people with their mouth's frozen from the dentist, but this is his whole face... his eye brow, his mouth, his eye lid!! It's crazy. It could last anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months!!! Poor guy. Hopefully it goes away soon. Am I a bad person for laughing every time he talks? I can't help it. 

MY NEW FAV!!!! Okay, this stuff is ridiculously expensive... but it has been my saving grace. Back in April, I got my hair done and I wanted to go quite blonde. However, I have really fine and fragile hair and the lady over processed it in the worst way. My hair would literally just break off because it was so dry and damaged. My aunt introduced me to this stuff and it has worked SO well... my hair is starting to feel like hair again and not like a fake wig you buy at halloween. All of B&B products are amazing... expensive... but a little goes a looong way. I use the mending line... but they have so many more. For the last while I have been using aveda products and have learned even though they say that all of their stuff is super natural and whatever, it's really not. It was drying out my hair even more which is a crying shame. Everyone is different and is able to use whatever. In my perfect world, I would buy the cheapest stuff, walk out of the shower, run a brush through it and call it good. But... nooope. I would look like Joe Dirt. NO. word. of. a. lie. 



Because of my last experience... I have avoided getting my hair done. I've been trying to maintain SOME lasting health.. but in doing so, it just looked bad. Or as my mother said... "it made me look dowdy". I was able to get in to see an awesome stylist that specializes in blondes and not only did she give me a great color... she made sure to put the health of my hair first. I was SO happy... I could have the color I wanted without having to worry about my hair falling out of my head. In the end... it's just hair, but the sayin is true.... when you look good, you feel good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment