Friday, November 19, 2010

Life on the Road

  This past week has been crazy! Last Thursday we left for North Carolina to play Duke! Straight from North Carolina we headed for Chicago to play the University of Illinois at Chicago. Unfortunately, we lost both of our games. We played incredible against Duke! They were an awesome team, but I would love if we could meet them again someday and beat them- because we can. The game in Chicago, there really isn't much of an excuse. We played terrible, came out really flat and dug ourselves a huge hole. We were down by 21 and within 5 minutes we got it tied, however they got the last basket and we ended up losing by 2 or 3. A good lesson learner- we can't start games that way.

  Playing on the Cameron Indoor floor was pretty incredible! I always watch basketball games being played on this floor and it seems as though it would be a huge and super nice facility. It is SO small and a really old building. So many legends have played and coached here. It was so cool.


  We also got to tour around the United Center (where the Bulls and Blackhawks play). It was pretty neat, we got to go into the locker room. I sat in Michael Jordan's locker! No one uses it anymore because they swear that it is cursed. Every person, besides Jordan, that has used that locker has gotten seriously injured. So, I guess I didn't really sit in the locker, I just stood beside it because I didn't want to risk it. Especially with the luck that I have with dumb injuries.

  So, it is easy to say that it is a very busy life and it will only continue to get busier over these next few months! Playing college basketball is crazy! But, so worth it... I love it. I love my team and I love all the experiences  I will get over the next 3 and a half years. I am a very lucky person and sometimes forget what a real blessing this is.

1 comment:

  1. SHOOT GIRL I LOVE YOU. and i miss you,
    i have been a bad friend im sorry, i will callyou soon i swear.
    i am grateful for you though and i love you.
    dont forget

    ReplyDelete