Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The homestead

We've been home for a few weeks now and our place is slowly but surely coming together. Moving in and making our house our home is so much fun. However, I want to do it fast and have it all done right now!! But, here is the thing... it can get expensive AND guess what? We are newlyweds. So, all in due time, our place will be homey as ever. On top of that, I don't want everything to look thrown together. It takes time! I have some thrifty plans and projects to do to make this process not so hard on the ol' wallet.

Here are the parts of the house that have come the farthest along:

Thanks to the Mylonakis' for the table!! It's our first kitchen table, ever. 

Still waiting on the dishwasher to get installed, but I love my kitchen. 


Still lots to do! But, it's so fun looking for stuff and thinking up ideas. I am very, very blessed!! So happy to be home. 

I love him. He is so busy! I hardly see him. His company has a lot of work right now and then once he is done work at 5:30, he is off to do landscaping work with his dad and brother. I'm grateful for his work ethic... but sometimes I just miss him.
I'm still finishing up some classes online, which hasn't been too bad. I am also looking after a little girl everyday for about an hour and a half. Her name is Hailey and she has cerebral palsy. I pick her up from school and just chill with her until her mom gets back from work. She is so sweet and loves Taylor Swift. It has been a really good experience for me and I've really loved getting to know her sweet spirit. 
Look at this guy. So tough. 
Next time that I think that I might be bored... I'm going to read this because it is SO true. 





No comments:

Post a Comment