Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Scout

My wish was finally granted! If anyone knows me well, they would know that I love dogs. I love animals! It's been an ongoing battle between Travis and I and we finally came to an agreement and didn't waste any time getting a puppy- - well, I didn't waste any time. We both agreed on a chocolate lab, and I started looking the minute my sweet husband said, "okay!" My aunt had bought two labs from this breeder in Saskatchewan. So, I thought I would contact the lady and ask her if she had any chocolate lab puppies left. She called me back within minutes saying that she had ONE puppy left. I called Travis and he said... "just get it." It was SO surreal... but I was just happy as a clam.
This is when I first picked her up! I had to drive up to Calgary to pick her up from the airport, so I stopped by my parents house to show her off. She was so mellow the whole time! I was in love. 
Can't get over her hefty little paws! She's going to be big one day!
She sleeps all the time, honestly. It's like she is a new born babe! I guess she is. We will play for about 10 minutes and she is just worn right out. I kind of love it. I know she won't be like this for long. 
Everyone I talk to says, "Scout is a boy's name!" Well... I love it and it kind of suits her! 
My little niece was laying on the floor and Scout went and cuddled right next to her. She is super cuddly and I love it!! She likes to be as close to you as she can and it's so cute. 
Pretty little pup. I am obsessed with her eyes! 
I have to give a quick shout out to my rockin' husband. One of the main reasons I married him was for his big and kind heart. He has gone to great lengths and sacrificed more than I think he realizes to bring happiness into my life. I am the luckiest girl in the world to have a man like him put up with me! He loves Scout and Scout loves him! Watching him with her has shown me even more how patient and how gentle he is. I love you, Travis!! 








1 comment: