Saturday, October 23, 2010

Another week at the zoo...

   I was able to talk with my Great Grandma Thelma on the phone tonight. She was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer a couple weeks ago at the age of 94. I love my Great Grandma. I will always remember her sweet spirit and her kind heart. I am sad that I am of no help down here at school and I really wish there was something I could do to comfort her through this process. Up until her sickness she was so up to date with everything and such a great supporter to everyone in her family. She will get to see our Father in Heaven soon and that is one thing that gives me comfort in a situation as sad as this. I will always remember her cute little house, her loving spirit and her appetite that nearly matched mine even at her age. Pretty impressive. I love you Grandma!

 
    This week, my goof of a friend Trina paid me a visit. She had just gotten back from Europe! She had been over there for an entire month. I was a little envious to hear of all her cool experiences in Rome, Austria and London. I would love to travel around Europe someday. I got a small taste of it in May with my basketball team. We saw a lot of Italy and I absolutely loved every minute of it. 
    On Friday's practice, I unfortunately suffered a mild concussion. I bounced my head off the floor after going up for a lay up. I guess you're supposed to bounce the ball on the floor, not your head! It was nice to have Trina around. She's such a goofball and we can always have a good laugh. She always knows how to lighten the mood and create a good time. I miss her and a lot of the good memories we had growing up together. 


    

   I kid you not, this class is going to be the death of me. STATISTICS, that is. It's a class that I am required to take and it is plain awful. I've never been in a class where I actually prefer there to be more math. The language and vocabulary in this class is impossibly hard to grasp- so tricky. Luckily, my teammate and I meet with a tutor weekly, and it helps a lot. Statistics is a pre-requisite to get into the business school here at BYU. The business school is very good here! One of the top in the nation. Naturally, it is very competitive! So, in order to weed out some applicants, they make Statistics 121 a real pain in the butt. A nice treat for those who could care less about the business school. 
   Christmas time in Provo? Almost. We got all of our gear the other day. Do you think that we are a little spoiled? It honestly is like Christmas, though. We all line up outside of the squad room and Santa (Steve Bushman, equipment manager) brings us in, individually, and we hold our bags open as he graciously gives us all of our goodies. This day makes everything better! It even makes Stats not seem so bad. I love my new clothes! 

3 comments:

  1. hey now, any BYU gear you'd like to give your sister? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope sarah... The old clothes come to me! Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. or you can give your SICK sweats to me?! ii love you stpeh you are beautiful and i am so pumoed for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete