Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!!!

Beware...

    Okay... I know, this is a little too real looking and a little too creepy. It was so much fun though. Our entire team dressed up as high school cliques. As you all can tell, I was one of the goths. I found the lovely 'cloak'  treasure at the D.I. We presented ourselves to the coaches and then headed to Cafe Rio for lunch. When I was about to walk in, I had assumed that the rest of the team was already in the restaurant- so I walked in with a murderous look on my face and my cape was blowing in the wind behind me to joke around with my teammates... little did I know, I was the FIRST to walk into Cafe Rio. I scared a lot of innocent people that were just trying to enjoy their pork- barbacoa burritos. I felt bad and I reassured them that it was JUST a costume. What a day! 
   Later that night I decided to dress up as something that wasn't quite so harsh. I went to a dance with my roommate Aubri, I was dressed as Pocahontas. So...I decided that I officially... do NOT like dances. I really struggle not being able to talk with people; it frustrates me. I am also a terrible dancer- no rhythm at all. I have no problem with looking like a dork, clearly. But, there is just something about the impossibly loud music, being surrounded by dirty dancing and not being able to hear yourself talk that doesn't really agree with me. I love to have a good time, don't get me wrong! I find that I have a lot more fun when I can communicate with people without having to scream at the top of my lungs. 
   On Saturday night, I had a nice mellow evening. My good friend Hannah Tempest, Brandon Comfort and his friend Alyssa as well as my cousin Zach came over to my place to carve some pumpkins. It was a lot of fun! However, I don't remember pumpkins ever smelling that bad!! I had a few moments where I had to take a step back because I was starting to gag. I was able to finish and these are our beautiful works of art! Pretty cute.
   For those of you that have NOT seen Toy Story 3, that is really too bad because you're missing out on the cutest thing ever. When I first saw the movie, I couldn't get over how CUTE this little toy was. Peas in a pod! Look at those cute little smiles. Then you can zip it shut. How can you not love that? My mom sent me the best Halloween package! Only she would remember me saying how much I loved this little toy. She is the best for things like that! I love getting packages from home, it is so much fun. Thanks so much mom! I love you.

   I had a pretty good week. I haven't been able to practice because of my concussion, so that has been a little frustrating. However, I am feeling a lot better and expect to be practicing in full force this week! Our first game is this week. I cannot believe that I am entering into my second season here at BYU. Time really does fly. I'm really looking forward to the season starting- my team is hilarious and we always have a good time on the road. I decided to red-shirt last year, so this year I get to play! I am so excited but nervous at the same time. It's going to be a great season.

Happy Halloween Everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. what a great halloweeen! YOUR GOTH COSTUME KILLS ME STEPH I AM SERIOUS!!!!! IT LOOKS SO REAL! AHAH!
    I just love you so much! this was a cute post! You look like you love life- i know you do. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON! THIS THURSDAY!!! BALL IT UP SUCKA!!! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey steph! I am in love with the Goth costume, so pretty, if you ever decide to stop being a "baller" maybe you could take the gothic/beauty route! Love ya stephie, and miss ya! Have fun! Glad you had fun at the dance! HAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete