Friday, November 25, 2011

Give Thanks

   Yesterday, I was able to celebrate American Thanksgiving! Boy, was I grateful for that since I really didn't get to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving. The Kaufusi family was kind enough to invite me over for dinner and it was delicious!! Not that the Kaufusi's don't do enough for me already. It was a great day! On Thanksgiving I usually eat so much that I am in so much pain the rest of the day. But, I didn't over-do it yesterday and it was lovely. It was the perfect amount of food!
  I am a very blessed girl. I've had some time to be by myself with everyone else at their family's homes and it's been really nice to be able to sit back and reflect on the things that I am thankful for...

I am grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and to be led by a true prophet of God. I can't even begin to count the blessings I've received just by choosing to live the Gospel. It is true and the one thing in my life I can always count on to be gratifying and unchanging. 
I am grateful for my beautiful family. I am lucky that each of my family members are happy and healthy! I am sad that I don't get to be around all of them more often but I love each of them so much. As tough as it has been being away from them, it has allowed me to better enjoy my time that I do have with them. I love that as we have all grown up that we have been able to grow closer.
I am grateful for my friends. Throughout my life I have been blessed with wonderful companions that have supported me through so much. I am so lucky to have the people that I do in my life and for the lasting influence each of them have made. I have so many people to be thankful to and if I could post each of their pictures, I would. I love my friends. 
I'm grateful for Travis. I have to say that Travis' placement in my life was perfect. All that he is, has brought so much happiness and satisfaction to my life. Our relationship has really strengthened my testimony in that our Heavenly Father knows what we need sometimes before we even know ourselves. I am grateful that I can always be myself and always have such a great example supporting me. 
I am grateful for my experience at BYU. Somedays I have a really hard time with things and wish more than anything that I could be home. However, I would not trade anything for the lessons I've learned and the experiences that I have had. I am grateful that I have been able to further my education, meet life-long friends and compete in the game that I love. I am growing up and have gained a greater appreciation for what is really important and I'm grateful that I have been able to learn these things at BYU. It is a special place. 
I am grateful that I am healthy. That is definitely one thing that I have learned not to take for granted. I witnessed one of my dearest friends encounter a life threatening disease. I learned how fragile life is and how important it is to keep ourselves healthy while we can. 
I am grateful for all God's creatures. Animals have always brought my so much joy and I am grateful for the way that they have influenced my life over the years. I have and always will love animals and their innate ability to love unconditionally. 
I'm sure that I missed a lot that I truly am grateful for. But, I know that I am very blessed and that I need to live my life with greater appreciation for the things that I do have.

Life is wonderful! 







No comments:

Post a Comment