Friday, April 6, 2012

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice!

   These past few weeks have been pretty good! Last weekend, Trav came for a visit and it was so wonderful! As it always is. This visit was especially good! Maybe it was the fact that I hadn't seen him since we got engaged (I didn't see him for 43 days, not that I was counting) or maybe it was the fact that I keep falling more and more in love with him each day? I can't really put my finger on as to why it was such a great weekend, but I know that I am extremely happy. I can't wait to marry my best friend! We have so much fun together and he treats me ever so sweetly!

We went to the BYU Rugby game while he was down! This was a quick moment that I was able to steal his attention away from the game to take a picture. He LOVES rugby, so naturally he was pretty enthralled by the game and not me.
We are really happy! Only 84 more days until THE big day. Future Mr & Mrs Seaborn!! It was really great to watch General Conference with my future husband! I loved having that experience. 

``
School is finally starting to wind down. However, when I say winding down, I don't mean that the stress is minimizing in the slightest. I have several papers do, other assignements and just a whole lot of busy work I need to do before taking any of my exams. Sometimes it can get overwhelming, but I just need to keep reminding myself that home is just around the corner and that in two weeks... all of the struggle will be worth it. 
Even though school takes up a majority of my time, I still have some free time here and there. With that being said... I spend most of my free time on my own. Kim has a serious boyfriend, so I hardly see her. All of my other friends are busy with school and doing their own thing. Sometimes, I really don't like being alone; however, I've been doing some things to keep busy. I've been on a baking kick lately! I love to cook and bake, but I've made something almost everyday. I've really enjoyed it and it has helped me forget that I'm alone. I can't really complain about that! 
I had some perfectly ripened bananas and thought that banana bread would have been wonderful... Welcome to the life of a college student. No bread pan! So, I decided to make banana muffins instead. I added strawberry puree to the batter. You couldn't really taste much strawberry, but it certainly made the muffins a lot more moist. I loved em'!! 
Thank you, Pinterest! This was a caramelized-onion, olive oil and spinach loaf! It was so easy and so fast!! It is really yummy. I threw in some feta cheese as well. It is a savory little treat which is definitely something I need every once in a while. 
Again... thank you, Pinterest! These cookies have been haunting me since the day I first started with pinterest. They are coconut-lime sugar cookies. When I was making them, I had a really hard time refraining from eating the dough. I am a huge fan of anything lime with the right amount of sweetness; key lime cheesecake is one of my weaknesses. These are so yummy! Next time, I'm not going to bake them as long so they will be a little bit more doughy. Yum!!


These next few weeks simply can't go by fast enough. I am counting down the days!! It is going to be so great actually being in the same country as Travis! I'm excited to spend time with my family, also! Provo, BYU and the whole thing down here is great, but I definitely need a break every so often. I can't think of anything more perfect right now than being at home with the people I love!!

Also... I just bought a candle today. It is a glade one with the scent of "Orange Vanilla" it is to die for!! I feel like I'm breathing in a creamsicle. Totally reminds me of summer!!! Speaking of summer.....

I CAN'T WAIT!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment