Monday, April 30, 2012

I'm Home!!

Home sweet home!
   I've been on Canadian soil for the past week. Last friday, I packed all of my things and hopped in my car to start my voyage back home. I was able to break my trip up a little bit, which was a huge help. If you have ever made the drive from Utah to Canada... you would take any way possible to make it shorter. On Friday night I went and visited my good friend Aubri. Aubs got married in December and I hadn't seen her since. She is living in Preston, Idaho and going to school at Utah State with her cute husband. I loved seeing her all grown up and so happy! She is loving life and I'm so happy for her. 
  The next morning, I woke up feeling SO happy, because it was the day that I was going home. However, it was extra sweet because Travis had NO idea. He had been in Edmonton for his brother's rugby tournament, so it would work out that I would get in around the same time he did. I started the morning on a little bit of a rough note when I backed up really hard into one of Aubri's boulders on her driveway. I didn't think it was that bad. Until I stopped for gas and took a good look at the damage, I realized that it left quite a mark. That wasn't going to stop me though!! I carried on and continued to lie to Travis about all that I was doing that day (those kind of lies are okay!!). I was getting closer and closer to the border and learned that Trav was actually going to get into Lethbridge later than I would. I just went to his house and conjured up a plan with his mom, Tyler and Brittney! I was so excited to surprise him. 
  We decided that the best way to do this was to get Trav and his dad to pick up a pizza on their way home. While Trav was grabbing the pizza inside, I just went into the restaurant and stood behind him. I thought he would turn around at one point, but he didn't. I waited a little bit longer and then I peaked my head around to look at the drinks and I finally caught his attention. He was super surprised and seemed super happy. I was SO happy and SO excited to see him! It seemed surreal that we were going to be able to spend more than 4 days together. It was such a relief to actually be with him.
  I spent the entire week in Lethbridge! It was an absolutely perfect week. Trav would wake me up every morning before he went to work (which I loved!!), he would leave, I would eat breakfast and go out and ride!!! Trav's friends just bought some horses and were nice enough to allow me to go out nearly everyday and work with them. I was seriously in heaven all week. I would go and ride and just be around horses for several hours and then come home to my sweetheart. I definitely needed a week like that! 
  As great of a week as it was. We did have one traumatic experience. Trav and I were walking out of wal-mart one night after picking up some treats for a movie night with Tyler and Brittney. All was well, we were laughing and just enjoying each other until.... something awful happened. It was literally 'when good times go bad'. He walked across a bed of gravel in his sandals and thought he stepped on a rock and went to shake it out and realized he stepped on something much worse than a rock. To my horror... I look down to see a rusty, dagger-of-a-nail STUCK in his toe. I could see the top of the nail coming out of his toe. I was quite frantic while he kept his cool. I called his mom, because she is a nurse and would have some good advice. She told me to pull the nail out, I tried and I was unsuccessful. So, I rushed him over to the hospital to the emergency to get him taken care of. The nurse, who was quite large in stature, had a hard time ripping the nail out of his toe. Travis handled it like a champ, of course, but as soon as the nail was out I could just see the blood rush out of Trav's face. I can't even imagine how that felt :(. We waited for about 10 minutes and they took Trav back to clean it out and give him a tetnis shot. I was SO worried and felt so bad. I honestly can't recall the last time I really felt that concerned. I hated not being with him and I hated that he was hurt. He continued to reassure me that he was fine, but I just felt so bad. I don't know if it was the trauma of all that happened or all the things that I saw in the emergency waiting room, but as soon as we got back to the car, I just cried!! I was so worried and I had to let all that emotion out. I know, I'm a baby!! But, I didn't like that experience one bit. I wish I had stepped on the nail! 
   This week just showed me how lucky I am to be with Travis! He is so incredibly sweet to me, even when I'm not at my best. He is always so kind and looking for ways to serve me. When he got hurt, he still made me feel like I was most important. One day it was really, really hot and a bunch of people were out riding. I was on the horse for a good two hours and he just sat there and watched me and didn't complain or ask me to be finished ONCE! He is perfect for me in every way and I love him to death. I'm so happy to be home and to be with him. I cannot wait to marry him!!! 59 more days. 
This is Trav's house!! We drove over on rainy day to see it's progress. The foundation had just been poured. I am so excited for him! He works so hard and I'm excited to see how this house looks when it's finished!! 

I love home and I'm so happy to be here!

   I am so happy to be able to see my family as well! It is so great to be with them and to be able to enjoy my time without feeling I have to rush to fit everything in before I have to leave again. I was able to go and listen to my sister receive her patriarchal blessing. It was so special and helped me realize all of the things that I have to be grateful for and for how much of my own personal blessing has already rang true. I am a very, very blessed girl and I am so happy and so thankful for everything that I have been given!!!! 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment