Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dad!

Happy Father's Day!
  
     Like Mother's Day, I am missing Father's Day because I am down here in Provo. It's too bad, I really do wish I could be there to celebrate this day with the Rickster!
    My dad is the best! And I realize that more and more as I grow up and mature a little bit. My dad is a very, very impressive person and quite possibly one of the most self-disciplined individual I know. I've mentioned this before in some of my posts but, I was a stubborn little 'you-know-what' growing up at home and I know that I really didn't learn what I could have. However, I'm grateful that it isn't too late to learn as much as I can from him. Even though I am far away here at school, I feel his influence everyday and I am incredibly grateful for it because... school is not an easy thing to do on your own. 
   No matter what the circumstances, my dad has always been my number 1 fan. This past few weeks, I've been able to coach little kids. It's been an absolute blast! But, after watching how uncoordinated all of them were... I honestly couldn't remember being that uncoordinated and lacking that much skill. I realized... at points, I really was that bad and my dad was there to watch it all. I guess with all the airballs, traveling, double dribbles, shooting on the wrong basket... my dad saw beyond that and was there for everything. Every try out, every game, every tournament. I am pretty lucky to have someone like that!
   All in all... my dad is the best dad out there! I'm sorry I can't be home to celebrate it with you! I hope my darling sisters treat ya' how you deserve on this day!

 I love you Dad. 


No comments:

Post a Comment