Sunday, June 12, 2011

SuMmEr

   I am having a blast down in Provo right now! Going on runs in the morning, going to classes (which are a week away from being over, YES!), riding bikes, laying out in the sun, carnivals, concerts, shaved ice, movies, bbq's, playing pick up, horseback riding, beach volleyball, sky diving..... okay, I haven't gone sky diving, but I really feel like I'm having THAT much fun.
    That being said, I am really looking forward to seeing my family during Stampede week. I got a great job at the Stampede this year and I am excited to be home for that. I was home in April but it was such a quick visit so, I am really excited to go home and truly enjoy it.

My CUTE new runners. I love them so, so much! I have honestly been looking to buy some cute nike runners for a really long time but they are so bloody expensive. However, Finish Line was having a sale and they were HALF off! I was so excited! I really love em'. 
It was "Summer Fest" up in Orem this weekend. It was just like a little carnival with fun food, fun shops and fun rides! I went with Mindy, Morgan and Kim and we had an awesome time. The rides were great.. but, we all decided that the best part was 'people watching'. I don't know what it is about carnivals but they attract quite the array of... creatures. We saw countless mullets, questionable wardrobe choices and children on leashes.
You know what is the scariest ride ever? The Ferris Wheel. I hated it so much! You're dangling up in the air in this little seat that rocks back and forth. There really isn't a lot that's holding you in either. It is the worst! I am not a big fan of heights and Kim thought it was funny to move as much as possible in the stupid seat. I had heart burn from the anxiety after the ride was finished... 
Morgan and I went a second night also. We had left over tickets from the night before so we went and used em' and then watched the fireworks (which were great!!). This one ride that we went on, not quite sure how to describe it but... this is the only way I can think of. You know when you have a bucket of water? And you keep your arm straight and swing the bucket upside down and none of the water ever comes out? Well.. in this ride, Morgan and I were in the bucket. I wanted to laugh but we were going so fast and the pressure of the g-forces were just too strong for anything to come out. I don't even know if it was a ride or something that they took from NASA where they train the astronauts. It was insane and we both decided that we did not like that ride AT ALL.





No comments:

Post a Comment