Sunday, June 5, 2011

Good Week Indeed

This week was a good one for so many reasons. I'm just gonna' go ahead and list them all...

1. It was my BIRTHDAY this week and I am now 20 years old!
Yummy cake!
Fus got me a bunch of little toy horses. For those that know me well... I was ecstatic to receive such a wonderful gift. Thanks girl!!! I had a great day! Woke up.. got a good work out in, worked camps with the cute children, had some glorious food at the Kaufusi's and enjoyed watching some good Wipe Out Episodes with Braden. It was a good day! Exactly how I wanted it to be. 

2. FUS GOT GOOD NEWS!!! 
Love this girl!! On my birthday, Fus was getting her results on her progress. We were all, obviously, hoping to hear great things. I was working all day and right before popsicle break, I checked my phone and got a WONDERFUL text from Fus. She is in COMPLETE RESPONSE!! This is awesome because, at this time, all of her cancer cells are not active! So happy for her... strongest girl I know!!!

3. SUMMER is practically here..
The weather has been absolutely fantastic these last couple days. I absolutely love the sunshine! It's been great to ride my cute little bike around... it saves on gas and I'm getting exercise.. Especially on this bike. In Provo, we are pretty much in the mountains so it feels like everywhere you ride there is a hill... this puppy only has one gear, so hills are killers. I love it though!! Kim and I have been indulging in the shaved ice shack that lives a block away from our house! So good!! 

4. Concert with my pal Marc
My friend, Marc Steele, was kind enough to take me to a concert up in Salt Lake the other night. Iron and Wine was playing and he got some tickets! We were having a lot of fun and the music was great but my back was getting really sore from standing for so long. So, we went and found this bench. In this picture.. do you see the yellow tape? Yeah, well that is indicating that there is a step there. Marc and I sat there for about 45 minutes... and within that 45 minutes... 12 people tripped over it! 12!!! People were NOT paying attention and tripped over it so hard. Some laughed it off, some tried to play it cool and some stood no chance and literally fell on their faces. Call me a terrible person... but I have NOT laughed that hard in a really long time. I was in tears.. it was the highlight of my night! I should have been warning them but instead I was just hoping that they wouldn't see it and that they would trip over it and provide more entertainment for me. The music was great, it really was. But... the trips and falls by far was my favorite part of the evening. 

I am having a great time and lovin' life down here! Hopefully this next week will be as great as the last!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment