Sunday, September 4, 2011

First Week of School... check

   Well, the school year is finally here and I am working to settle into a few routines and get back into the swing of things. Summer never, ever feels long enough... but, since school has started I've wondered if I have ever done school before- - it's hard!! This is my least favorite time of year for several reasons...

  • School starts (I know, I need to get a better attitude)
  • Basketball season is still 2 months away which means that we are in preseason. Preseason = hell.
  • I get a little homesick after being home in the summer.
  • I always find spiders in our house...
  • Campus is chaotic which means parking at BYU is near impossible.
   That being said... I do realize that it isn't all bad...
  • It's football season!!!
  • Fall is a beautiful time of year in Utah.
  • The sooner you start... the sooner you finish. In regards to school, I mean.
  • I have more opportunities to get ahead in school before the season hits full swing.
  • I can be more social because I'm actually in Provo and not traveling a ton. 
   The first week was really hectic. For the first day I wasn't registered for ANY of the right classes because I was in the middle of switching my major and I couldn't register for classes because I had a hold on my student account, which meant that I had to do a bunch of running around to get the hold lifted. Anyways... it was a mess! But, all is well now and I am happy with my classes and schedule. I've been especially blessed this semester because every single one of my classes has a perfect balance between my spiritual and secular education. I find it a lot easier to find motivation because it is learning that I can most definitely apply to my every day life. 

  I mentioned in one of my earlier posts that the team and I were headed to St. George for a fun weekend retreat! Well, I haven't had the opportunity to give much of an update on that. But, there is only one real word to describe it..... FUN! It was blazing hot in St. George but we had an absolute blast. It definitely helped us grow closer as a team! Go Cougs!!!
My pretty team in Zion National Park!!
  
   After I got home from St. George on Saturday I was lucky to come back to Travis! He was down with his family for a family-friend's-son's mission homecoming! It was super convenient because it was just in American Fork! We had another really good weekend together and had a lot of fun. On Sunday, after the homecoming, we went to the family's house for dinner and saw one of the cutest things ever. Okay, if any of you have ever seen a basset hound puppy... you would agree that they are one of the cutest puppies ever. This little puppy was so precious! She would walk around and her ears would drag on the ground. I'll admit that when they grow up they really aren't the most striking of dogs! But, my goodness... this puppy was to die for!! 


Gravity!! For Cait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment