Sunday, October 9, 2011

Why are the weekends so short...

   This past week was a pretty good one. Now that practices have officially started, it kind of makes the weeks go by slower. I've mentioned this in my blog before but, I really don't like this time of the year. All we do is practice, condition, lift and practice some more and it just gets really redundant. Once the games start... the good times start. Basketball has been extremely stressful and not overly enjoyable as of lately- - it's a game that can be super rewarding but also super discouraging. Good thing we learn the concept of persistence and hopefully it will start to feel rewarding again.
   Another thing that brings a little more ease to this time of the year is.... the weekend! It's the best and seemingly the only time to really relax, socialize, sleep and eat really good food. This weekend was a good one but most definitely too short!!!
It was homecoming this weekend- - which means that anywhere surrounding BYU is an absolute gong show. It's so busy! But, a fun environment nonetheless. Our team always participates in the Homecoming Parade and every year it is freezing cold! It is really fun to be in parades and to watch people's reactions, especially when you have goodies to pass out. Priceless. 
Comfort food? Mmm yes. It has been really cold these past few days in the 801! Not pleasant. Aneka and I thought that grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup would be perfect thing to chow down on such a chilly day. This grilled cheese was BOMB! Aneka showed me the trick of putting italian dressing on the bread before you grill it. Delish! Obviously, this is no turkey dinner (that all my loved ones are enjoying as I type this) but... for now, it will do the trick.
Another thing that Aneka got me hooked on... GINGER BEER!! When I was sick last weekend, it reminded me of how much I love ginger ale; I try hard not to give ginger ale a bad reputation because it is so commonly associated with the stomach flu. This stuff is like ginger ale but BETTER! I love it. 
The freak on the left is Morgan Bailey, the devil in the middle is me and the murderer on the right is Fus. Last night we had an absolute ball turning ourselves into these lovely creatures. The plan was to scare our dear friend Kimberly! Well, we didn't scare her so much as make her laugh. I don't blame her! I can't keep a straight face looking at these pictures. It's so fun to be a freak every once in a while!! Whenever I get opportunities like this, I go all out. My entire persona changes. It's not just a fun event.... it's a production. 

   I love the freaks that I have for friends! They keep me so entertained. There really isn't many things better than a good laugh. I'm looking forward to the upcoming week... it should be a lot better than the last! Travis comes down in 12 days and I am really excited to see him! It will be a fun time, as always!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment