Sunday, February 27, 2011

MWC Champs!!!

   Last night was probably one of THE most exciting nights of my life. Our team was in first and last night's game was to play for the regular season conference championship. We were up against San Diego State! When we played them at their place, we beat them by about 20 points. However, I think that we learned a great lesson last night. We learned that nothing is given to you and that you have to work every single possession to get a win. We were down 16 points with 10 minutes left in the game... and a few months ago, I don't know if we would have been able to do it. We had so many girls step up in the game that gave us so much hope and energy. The Marriott center felt as though it was full! It was so loud in there and the energy was absolutely incredible. It was such a great feeling to cut down those nets! So proud of my team.
MWC Champs Baby!!!


The 3 amigos. Love these girls to death! It was so fun to experience that kind of a win with my closest friends! 

  For those of you that read my blog and that are more interested on how Alexis is doing, go to.... alexiskaufusi.blogspot.com . Keep cheering her on and keep cheering my team on! We have something very special that doesn't come around a lot! So, make sure that you stay updated on how we're doing!!!! 

GO COUGS!!! 

3 comments:

  1. STEPH!!!!
    WAY TO GO! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU FOR WORKING YOUR BUTT OFF THIS SEASON AND NOW WHAT?!? YOU ARE A CHAMP!!!!! (Always a champ in my eyes tho!)
    I miss you alot and I am not just saying that. Wanna hang out next weekend? I have some people coming into town this weekend so next weekend do you wanna?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that you gals became the MWC champs! It's a huge accomplishment to work through, many people think with a lot of talent it can easily get done. But it takes a team effort, not just ONES effort. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete