Monday, March 7, 2011

The Power of Planning..

    Okay, I know that teachers, parents and other mentors have counseled me for YEARS to plan and develop the ability to manage my time... and I must confess that I have never truly bought into it. I knew it was right and I knew that if I would do it I would greatly reduce the amount of stress in my life. What is my deal!?
    However, as of a few days ago... I've had a change of action. I sat down and planned out my days by the HOUR! You see, I've always been really good at writing lists out of the things that I need to get done. The only problem with that, is that it is easy to not do those things. Another problem that I have is the inability to say NO to things. I am social and there is nothing I love more than to laugh and have a good time! But, I've come to the realization that those laughs don't come without a price. I'm sick of paying that price by always stressing and overloading my mind with things that I need to get done with very little time on my hands. The new solution is to plan, plan, plan and plan some more! I am sorry to those that have told me until they were blue in the face to "be disciplined" and to "manage my time well".... I WAS listening, I just chose not to do it. Forgive me, I've learned my lesson and I have made an affirmation with myself to set aside an hour or two a day to plan out the days to come.
   One of my coaches has always said that preparation is the key, not only to success, but confidence. It is easy to find confidence when you have prepared yourself for things! Even though I am a terrible test taker, I do approach a test with a lot more confidence when I have prepared. With basketball also, I feel more confident going to a game when I know exactly what the game plan is.
   Anyways... this is MY new gameplan. So, if any of you that are reading this see me not following through. Call me out on it, please!!



On another note.... something that has brought me great joy and A LOT of laughter lately is....

http://www.awkwardfamilyphotos.com/

.... please check it out.

2 comments:

  1. good job! we only have five more weeks of school sucka!!1 then we can PLAN all of the fun things we will be doing together.LOVE YOU SUGA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you please plan some Tempest time into your schedule??

    ReplyDelete