Sunday, March 27, 2011

FUN Weekend!!!

   As sad as it was to have the season end the way it did; I am glad for one thing. Time. It's amazing to me, the things that I am able to get done and still have time to do fun things now that I don't have practice. I now have 4 extra hours a day. I love that! But, I do miss my crazy, fun and amazing teammates.
  I had a great weekend! Started with getting my hair done, I felt that I had been waiting forever to get it done. I love it and I couldn't be happier with Karin's work, truly. Friday night, I did something I have never done before... 10 Pin Bowling. Yes, that's right. I've never been 10 pin bowling. I've only had the pleasure of 5 pin bowling at good ol' Shamrock Lanes in Airdrie. It was so fun! I sucked, but it was so much fun. I went with Karin, Cole, Zach, Nin and Jordan Maxwell.


  Then on Saturday... I had an awesome experience at the Festival of Colors! It was so much fun. Really messy and extremely unique but... so much fun. I don't even know how to describe it. But, it is a whole lot of people, a lot of chalk, indian food, live band, witch burning, lamas, hare krishna and all that jazz. There was this one point where everyone is on this hill listening to this ceremony and we count down from 10 and EVERYONE throws up their chalk. It was so cool but... border line scary. You stand there and you cannot see the sun, you can barely see the people around you, you can't really breathe because the chalk coats your throat and overall it is a very surreal feeling. It was fun to see so many different people from a lot of different places all celebrating one thing and just enjoying themselves. I went with a great group of people and had the best time. After we all showered and got cleaned up we went to the Nickelcade! Even though it smells like sweaty people and greasy pizza, it is a great place. Once you become immune to the smell, it is so fun to play all the different games. Although, I do say this with a heavy heart, me a canadian LOST to an american playing air hockey. That part wasn't so fun. 
Kim and I. Still clean... before all the madness. 

The crew and one of Satan's minions aka. Zach Thomas (second from the right). Okay, Nin is pretty scary too... 
SOO fun!! Hare Krishnaaaa 

1 comment:

  1. i cant wait to start really hanging out once freakin gay finals are done.

    ReplyDelete