Sunday, April 3, 2011

Conference Weekend

   I had,yet, another great weekend here in Provo! I was able to get things finished that I needed to, saw some good friends from home and to top it off I was able to sit, relax and enjoy General Conference. As bad as this may sound, I have to say that this is the first time that I have really listened to all of the talks. I thoroughly enjoyed all of them and could see how each talk and the lessons taught could apply to my life. That is the whole intent of Conference and just like anything else that is very important... it has taken me some time to really understand the concept and act on it. I am so excited for the talks to come out next month some I can read and study them! I really loved the themes of service and temples and knowing that it really does apply to me NOW... not 5 or 10 years down the road. It is extremely motivating to be so much better after listening to all of the talks. I recognized how flawed I really am and I am so grateful for the many opportunities I have to become better and serve others.
The Church is TRUE, ladies and gents. It's TRUE! 

  A bunch of my good friends came to visit this past week/weekend. I got to see CUTE lil' Jess Comfort! Love that girl. I hung out with her all day on Wednesday and it was so fun! She's such a baller and is playing at Mount Royal next year. THEN... on Thursday night... I was watching a movie with Jordan and all of a sudden, this guy comes down the stairs and just sits on the couch. I had NO idea who it was so I was kind of like... "umm.. hi, who are you?" and he didn't really answer me. About 7 seconds after that... a bunch of guys come running down the stairs. I recognized Nin and was still a little confused. Then, I saw good ol' Dallon Martin and Morgan Duce! They drove down for Lethbridge for Conference. The guy that came down the stairs first and that was just chillin', yeah, his name was Travis Seaborn. I've heard so much about this kid and finally met him.... hilarious. I had a great weekend with all the guys! I introduced them to my roommates and they all hit it off well. It felt like home again and it was just what I needed! That being said... I AM GOING HOME IN 2 WEEKS!!! 

  Then, I finished off the weekend seeing ALEXIS KAUFUSI! My hero. Seriously, I'm sure everyone knows this but... she is a trooper. She is handling everything so well. She has 3 of 6 chemo treatments done! Half way there. So proud of her and I love her guts. 





No comments:

Post a Comment