Thursday, April 28, 2011

Home and other things..

  I am back in Utah now after a week of fun at home! I had such a great time. It was a really quick visit, again, but just what I needed for a break between my semesters. The main thing that I wanted to do while being at home was see family, which I got to do a lot of. I absolutely loved seeing my adorable nieces and nephew that I hardly get to see anymore. It's so weird that they are growing up so quickly! They are so, so precious.
   I really did have such a great time at home and it was so nice to be able to celebrate Easter with the family. It is nice to be back in Utah though. The weather is decently nice, a lot nicer than it is at home. Not as warm as I would like it, but that time will come. I am anxious to go home again in 2 months. But, for now... time to get to work on Spring semester. 
Love this little goofball! She's such a sweetheart. I'm just going to brag about Claire for a minute. So, we had an Easter Egg hunt for the kidlets and there was a competition to see who could get the most eggs. When Claire found an egg, she felt that she needed to distribute them to her little sister, little brother and any of the other kids. Such a sweetheart!!! 


Another new thing... I have to change my major. I have been majoring in the Elementary Education program for a short time. I was enjoying it but figured out that I might have to stop playing basketball in order to complete it. So, with the NCAA it is a rule that you must complete a certain percentage of the major per semester in order to stay eligible to play. Since I just barely began the major, I was pretty far behind and on top of that... BYU has decided to completely change their Elementary Education curriculum and added somewhat of 30 credits to the major. Which would make things even more tough for me! The solution, since I'm not quite ready to be finished with basketball, would be to switch majors. Something that has always taken my fancy is.... FOOD. You would think that BYU would have some sort of culinary school, considering the amount of women here that are aspiring to be good wives ;-). Unfortunately, they don't offer that! But, they have what is called Food Science; which I will be majoring in. Essentially what I'll be doing is studying the technical aspects of food, beginning with harvesting and ending with cooking and consumption. I feel that it will be pretty difficult because of the chemistry and all but, once I get to work with the food... I think I'll quite enjoy it!! 
Fus, Kim and I going to see AFRICAN CATS!! It was really good... you all should go see it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment