Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Good times in P-R-O-V-O

   Spring time is a good time. The weather is finally starting to get nice, working out with the team is fun (minus the grueling circuits), school doesn't seem so impossible, Fus is almost done chemo and I am definitely starting to feel so comfortable down here. I'm having fun!!!
Miss Kimberly and I attended a BYU Rugby game on Saturday. My teammate's husband plays on the team along with my good friend Braden. I never realized how fun Rugby is to watch... it's really intense. There was a fight that almost took place right in front of us, I was pumped! These guys are wicked tough, it's a pretty brutal game. Oh and the picture on the left... Kim and I were commenting on how much this fellow looked like 'Kip' off Napoleon Dynamite. After observing a little bit more I realized that I have actually been out for ice cream with this guy... no, not  joke, if you want the full story CALL ME. Thanks to Travis Seaborn for the set up on that one... haha.
I WANT A PUPPY!! These lil' guys were outside the dollar theatre on sale for $150!! I wanted one so bad. They were lab and border collie mixed. So cute!
I also participated in a 'Dessert Cook-Off'. My friend Garrett and I decided that chocolate chip cookies with ice cream on top would be our best bet. It took us a grand ol' 15 minutes to prepare. Our opponents decided to make a layered dessert with brownies, strawberries, graham crackers, pudding... the WORKS! We invited a random couple to taste both desserts and pick the best one. By the looks of it... who do you think won?........................ You're wrong!!!! The simplicity of the cookie with ice cream on top won the judges. Sweet, sweet victory. 

Another thing... my friend Braden took me out for a DECADENT lunch today. Let me tell you, it was so, so good. It was.... PHO (pronounced fuh) it is a really yummy soup. There is rice noodles, your choice of meat, onions, basil, sprouts... delicious things. He said that once I tried it I will probably be wanting to come back again and again and... he was right. I loved it! It is really good when you put hot sauce in it too, for a little bit of kick.

Hope everyone's spring has started off as good as mine!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment