Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Beautiful Girl

    Today was quite the day. I was in study hall having a grand ol' time (can you sense the sarcasm?) and Alexis text me saying that her hair was starting to fall out. I, along with everyone else, knew that this day would come but I still was in a little bit of disbelief. When she said it was falling out, I had imagined just a few strands had come out.
    After I finished my studying, I drove up to the Kaufusi home to see Fus. When I came in she said... "Wanna see a trick?"... she started to pull on her hair and the entire chunk that she was pulling on, came out. No, not just a few strands; the whole chunk. I had no idea how to react, I really was not expecting to see that much hair come out so easily. Alexis' mom called the doctors to let them know that her hair was beginning to fall out and they gave the go ahead to shave it all off.


    I got to cut off a little bit of her hair before we buzzed it. It was one of the weirdest feelings ever! After the first snip... it was kinda fun and I wanted to cut some more, but all the people there got a chance to chop some of her lovely locks. 

"Beautiful Girl"- William Fitzsimmons .... really good song! It's on Fus' blog. 


   I can't imagine having to lose my hair. I go everyday having different complaints about my hair, but I have never thought about not having it... Tonight was a very humbling experience as I sat and watched a very special person in my life shave all of hers off. There were so many emotions as we witnessed this girl do something that so many of us would dread doing. Fus amazes me every single day... she is so strong and so brave! She knew that shaving her head was just a part of the process and did it with an undaunted disposition. 
   I love this girl so much! She is so beautiful and pulls off the buzz cut better than anyone I know. No one and certainly no cancer will ever be able to take away her contagious smile and spunky personality. Fus will have her 2nd treatment of chemo tomorrow (2 of 6)! A third of the way done! Keep this beautiful girl in your thoughts and prayers!! 

   Another thing I thought I should mention...

   For those that know me pretty well... I've never really been the biggest 'cat' person. I'm more of a dog or horse person and when Fus got this little kitty, I was a little skeptical. However, I have to admit that I have really grown to love this creature. Don't get me wrong, this relationship definitely took some time and she bit me twice when we first met... But now... our relationship has truly blossomed. This cat never gives me dirty looks (most cats do), she never bites me, she purrs when I pet her and she calms everybody's nerves. Porsche is a good kitty and.... she's pretty dang cute too. 


ALSO....

 The BYU Women's Team is competing in the WNIT! So, keep updated on how we're doing and keep cheering on the lady coug's!!!! 


1 comment:

  1. love the pic of you and my princess porsche. you both look stunning!!

    ReplyDelete